LG Innotek wins patents for EV charging technology
简介LG Innotek, an electronic component manufacturer under LG Group, said Sunday that it had earned thre ...
LG Innotek, an electronic component manufacturer under LG Group, said Sunday that it had earned three international patents in the field of electric vehicle charging.
“To leap forward as a No. 1 global company, it is essential to systematically manage and secure international patents and intellectual property rights for core technology,” said Kim Jin-hyun, head of the intellectual property division of the company.
“Through our continuous R&D efforts in the field of IP, we will continue to deliver distinguished customer values.”
The company was granted a patent in charging control technology that utilizes battery status information, and another two in reservation technology in EV charging time.
It was selected as an official EV charging licensor by Via Licensing Alliance, a global licensing company.
Licensors grant permission to other companies for the use of their patented technology and receive royalties in return.
Currently, in the field of EV charging, only eight companies have been recognized by Via LA, including General Electric and Bosch.
With the latest attainments, LG Innotek is poised to further expand its presence in the EV component market.
Alongside its advancements in eco-friendly technology, LG Innotek has also been rapidly securing patents in core technology in the field of advanced autonomous driving.
In April, LG Innotek drew attention from the industry by winning some 180 patents from Argo AI, a US-based autonomous driving technology startup.
The acquired patents largely involved Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology.
LiDAR technology is a remote sensing method that measures the time taken for light to travel to and back from the target. The information is used to determine the distance and direction between the object and the vehicle. It is considered a key technology in advanced driver assistance systems.
LG Electronics CEO Cho Joo-wan will lay out the blueprints for the home appliance giant’s vision and ...
The first solo album from Jungkook of BTS sold more than 2.43 million copies in the first week and s ...
국민의힘 인요한 혁신위원장이 9일 여의도 당사에서 열린 제5차 전체회의에서 발언하고 있다. 연합뉴스인요한 국민의힘 혁신위원장은 ‘중진 불출마론’과 관련해 “말을 듣지 않으면 매도 ...
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Bass Youn Kwang
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- Yoon's approval rating falls for first time in 3 weeks to 34.7%
LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
Jungkook's 'Golden' hits No. 2 on Billboard 200 with biggest
Han Kang wins prestigious French award for foreign literature
Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- Xi says 'willing to make bigger contributions' in letter to NK leader
- 통일부 “남북 간 장기간 연락 중단 유감…정상화 촉구”
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- Asiana Airlines board to reconvene to vote on cargo biz sell
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- Asiana Airlines to sell cargo biz to smooth merger
- Seoul shares open higher on US advance
- JCS says N. Korea might have provided Russia with short
- PPP decides to lift membership suspensions of ex
- [Today’s K
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- AI Auction debuts tax consultant chatbot
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- [Today’s K
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- Korea's yakgwa booming on back of ‘newtro’ trend, media coverage
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- 22 busking stages set up at Han River parks
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals