Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
简介This year’s Benois de la Danse winner, Kang Mi-sun, is set to perform the classic ballet “Don Quixot ...
This year’s Benois de la Danse winner, Kang Mi-sun, is set to perform the classic ballet “Don Quixote” at the Seoul Arts Center’s Opera Theater next month.
Kang, a principal dancer at Universal Ballet in Seoul, clinched the top prize at the prestigious Benois de la Danse, an esteemed annual ballet competition held in Moscow. Kang is the fifth Korean national to win the prize.
The upcoming performance is Kang's return to the stage with a full-length production at the Universal Ballet, following her win.
The ballet “Don Quixote” is loosely based on the novel “Don Quixote de la Mancha” by Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes. It was choreographed by Marius Petipa and then revised by Alexander Gorsky.
In contrast to the original narrative that primary focuses on the adventures of Don Quixote, the ballet production follows the endearing love story between Kitri, the beautiful daughter of a tavern owner, and Basil, a witty but poor young barber. Don Quixote appears as their helpful ally.
South Koreans’ English proficiency in 2022 worsened from the previous year, descending 13 spots in a ...
26일 사우디아라비아·카타르 순방을 마치고 귀국하는 윤석열 대통령에게는 풀어야 할 숙제가 쌓여 있다. 국내 정치적으로는 서울 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패로 드러난 중도층 민심 이반을 ...
An Argentinian vice presidential candidate’s old X post in which she said the name of boyband BTS so ...
S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
[Photo News] Commemoration for Itaewon tragedy in Gwangju
Hillstate Gayang flats in Daejeon to go on sale
Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- 기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- 혼전임신 직원에 "애비없는 애"…갑질 서기관 감싼 복지부 논란
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- Political parties call for revision of military exemptions for athletes
- Conflict between Fifty Fifty and agency Attrakt continues to escalate
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
- Korea extends fuel tax cut scheme until year's end
- BTS Jungkook's star
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- [Obituary] Park Seo
- [KH Explains] Amazon's cloud industry plans raise fears of Korean market monopoly
- Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
- [Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun
- Foreigners turn net sellers of S. Korean stocks for 15 sessions
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나
- Key ruling party officials offer to resign over by
- LG Innotek wins patents for EV charging technology
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- [Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
- Try on traditional Korean costume during Hanbok Culture Week
- Doosan Robotics to supply chicken