Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
简介The number of employees in South Korea's manufacturing sector in the last three months dropped ...
The number of employees in South Korea's manufacturing sector in the last three months dropped at the fastest pace in 11 quarters amid a protracted economic slowdown, government data showed Sunday.
A monthly average of 4.47 million people were hired by the manufacturing industry in the July-September period, down 58,000 from the same period last year, according to the data from Statistics Korea.
It is the largest on-year decrease since the fourth quarter of 2020, when the number of monthly employments fell 107,000 in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The number of manufacturing workers, hit hard by the yearslong pandemic, had made a rebound in the fourth quarter of 2021 and remained in positive territory for five straight quarters.
But in the first quarter of 2023, the manufacturing employment fell by 37,000 and by 49,000 in the following quarter in the midst of waning global demand. (Yonhap)
South Korean liquor giant HiteJinro said Tuesday it is expanding its distribution network of soju pr ...
South Korean fencer Gu Bon-gil will take aim at history when he takes the piste for the men's i ...
Hospitals will be required to install surveillance cameras in operating rooms and record surgery pro ...
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
Hillstate Gayang flats in Daejeon to go on sale
[Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
[New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- [사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- Touting historic ties with Saudi Arabia, Yoon calls for new partnership for growth
- Looming election has Yoon advocating harder for everyday South Koreans
- S. Korea formally accepts WTO deal on fisheries subsidies
- 軍 "北, 하마스식 대남공격 가능성"…증거로 나온 '방
- EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
- Fifty Fifty’s agency terminates contract with 3 of 4 group members
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- Drug crimes in Seoul most common in Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae: study
- Coway ramps up environmental protection
- [Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
- Opposition leader returns to party duties, calls for Cabinet overhaul
- Billlie opens a new world in 'Side
- Eugene Group wins bid to acquire news channel YTN
- Paris Baguette to expand into Middle East, Africa
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage first
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- Naver to build digital twin platform for Saudi cities
- 尹 대통령, 사우디 국방장관 만나 “국방·방산 협력 심화”
- [New on scene] Lee Jun