Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
简介South Korean stocks started a tad lower Monday as investors took a cautious approach ahead of the ea ...
South Korean stocks started a tad lower Monday as investors took a cautious approach ahead of the earnings season.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 6.06 points, or 0.25 percent, to 2,450.09 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Most of the major publicly traded companies report their quarterly earnings starting next week, with market heavyweights SK hynix and Samsung Electronics slated for Oct. 26 and Oct. 31, respectively.
Battery shares led the decline, with industry leader LG Energy Solution, the second-biggest share in terms of market cap, losing 1.14 percent and Posco Future M sinking 3.74 percent.
Builders were also among the losers, with Hyundai Engineering & Construction decreasing 0.7 percent and Samsung C&T skidding 0.28 percent.
Top online portal operator Naver fell 0.83 percent, and leading game developer NCSOFT dropped 0.89 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,351.25 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., down 1.25 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
South Koreans’ English proficiency in 2022 worsened from the previous year, descending 13 spots in a ...
K-pop boy group n.SSign will continue promoting its debut album one member short, with Doha on a bre ...
Seoul shares closed lower Tuesday as investors remain cautious due to the Israel-Palestine conflict. ...
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- [Today’s K
- Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
- AI Auction debuts tax consultant chatbot
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
- Solo Korean trekker found dead in Himalayas
- KITA chief touts Ireland’s business
- ‘It’s OK to put fried chicken, ramen on jesa table’
- 與 "고물가로 민생 어렵다면서 돈 풀자는 이재명…모순덩어리"
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate freeze
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- Asiana Airlines board to reconvene to vote on cargo biz sell
- KG Mobility, BYD bolster ties on EV batteries, hybrids
- Exports log first rise in 13 months in sign of trade recovery for Korea
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- [Today’s K
- Embracing setbacks: KAIST students vie for the inaugural 'worst failure' crown
- Suspension of ex
- Define Seoul beckons Seongsu
- Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
- 35 foreign individuals to be awarded for promoting Korean culture