Milk prices to go up in Oct.
简介Starting in October, major South Korean milk companies will raise their product prices, following th ...
Starting in October, major South Korean milk companies will raise their product prices, following the Korea Dairy Committee's decision to increase the cost of raw milk by the highest rate in 10 years.
Namyang Dairy Products said it will raise the price of its 900 milliliter-carton of milk by 4.6 percent starting in October. As a result, the products' price at discount stores is estimated to rise to 2,900 won ($2.15), from its current 2,800 won.
The company added it will also raise the price of its dairy products such as fermented milk, flavored milk and cheese by an average of 7 percent.
Another major Korean milk company, Maeil Dairies, announced it is also scheduled to raise the price of its fresh milk products by an average of 4 to 6 percent, starting in October.
The company added it will increase the cost of its processed milk products such as flavored milk by 5 to 6 percent, and the price of fermented milk and cheese products by 6 to 9 percent starting next month.
"The 900 milliliters of Maeil Milk is therefore expected to be sold at around 2,900 won in discount stores, starting in October," said a Maeil Dairies official.
Seoul Milk, operated by the nation's largest milk producer Seoul Dairy Cooperative, also decided to raise the price of its 1-liter milk carton sold at discount stores by 3 percent. With the price hike, the estimated price of a 1-liter Seoul Milk carton at discount stores is expected to cost some 2,900 won.
The chains' increases in milk prices come as on August, the Korea Dairy Committee decided to raise the price of two types of raw milk starting October, citing a surge in costs for labor, logistics and fodder.
The cost of raw milk used in fresh dairy products such as milk was raised by 88 won per liter, while the price of raw milk used in the production of processed dairy products such as cheese was raised by 87 won per liter.
Raw milk used in fresh dairy products will cost 1,084 won per liter, while raw milk used in processed dairy products will cost 887 won per liter starting next month. This will be the biggest price hike rate since 2013.
In 2013, the price of both types of raw milk was increased by 106 won.
북한이 김정은 북한 국무위원장의 딸 김주애를 ‘조선의 샛별’‘여장군’ 등으로 칭하며 내부적 우상화를 시작했다.자유아시아방송(RFA)은 지난 23일 노동당 조직지도부가 군사정찰위성 ...
Naver Webtoon’s action series “Teenage Mercenary” has achieved the highest transaction volume in the ...
윤석열 대통령이 다음 달 10일 퇴임하는 유남석 헌법재판소장 후임으로 이종석(62·사법연수원 15기) 헌법재판관을 18일 지명했다. 김대기 비서실장은 이날 오후 브리핑에서 “이 후 ...
[Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
윤 대통령 “저보고 소통 부족하다 지적하는 분 많아 반성”
이종석, 검수완박법엔 입법취소 의견…공수처법 위헌 입장
In a first, Le Sserafim collaborates with Overwatch for in
School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
[view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- KT to cooperate with Thai telecom firm to create Thai language AI service
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- [Weekender] Indie bookstores thrive in reading
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- Seoul shares hit 7
- [Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- [Herald Review] Stray Kids perform new standard of '5
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- Economy set for mild recovery, but bumpy road still ahead: BOK
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- Exports up 4.6% during first 20 days of October