'Scent of Ink' to be performed at Kennedy Center in Washington
简介The National Dance Company of Korea is set to perform “Scent of Ink” at the Kennedy Center's Ei ...
The National Dance Company of Korea is set to perform “Scent of Ink” at the Kennedy Center's Eisenhower Theater in Washington on Wednesday as part of its tour in North America, which kicked off on Oct. 10 in Ottawa, Ontario.
Directed by Jung Ku-ho and choreographed by Yun Sung-joo, the dance performance has been praised for its meticulous mise-en-scene. The stage and choreography for "Scent of Ink" highlights the beauty of traditional Korean dance through strong yet elegant movements.
Themed around "sagunja," or the Four Gracious Plants, which were believed to represent the characteristics of "seonbi," or scholars, during the Joseon era (1392-1910), the dance performance resembles the brushstrokes of ink on paper through its six chapters.
The first and last chapters evoke the contrast between black and white through dance, while the four chapters in between elicit the vibrant colors of the four sagunja plants -- orchid, bamboo, chrysanthemum and plum blossom -- as well as their corresponding four seasons.
Premiered in 2013 in South Korea, "Scent of Ink" has also enjoyed popularity on stages around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, France, Denmark, Hungary and Serbia.
After its US tour, the National Dance Company of Korea will stage "Scent of Ink" at the Haeoreum Grand Theater in Seoul from Dec. 14-17. Tickets are available online on Interpark.
A disability rights advocacy group said Tuesday it will file a complaint with the state human rights ...
First lady Kim Keon Hee told Queen Camilla about South Korea's legislative moves to ban the con ...
Samsung Electronics announced the establishment of a new team in charge of exploring future busines ...
Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
[Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- US strategic bomber B
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Beef prices have soared 100
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- US strategic bomber B
- S.Korea's largest
- 이준석, 눈물의 회견…尹대통령 향해 "與 묵언 수행 저주 풀라"
- Stock market soars as short selling ban takes effect
- Man arrested for assaulting woman for having short hair
- Yoon vows to move up completion of GTX commuter rail networks
- World Cup in Saudi Arabia sparks human rights protest
- Govt. push to exempt doctors from medical error responsibility stirs debate
- [Herald Review] Music Festival Pohang stands strong without conductor or chairs
- SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center
- Hyundai to develop own cheaper batteries for EVs
- Korea suspends stock short selling until start of July 2024
- S. Korea, Thailand to work to resolve entry denial claims
- Samsung family members selling W2.6 trillion worth of shares to cover inheritance taxes
- Two Koreas race to launch first homegrown military spy satellites
- Visa applications open for additional 12,900 foreign workers
- Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
- Pianist Chung Kyu
- Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
- Jungkook on top: BTS singer racks up more landmark feats with 'Golden'
- Daewoong aims to reshape obesity market with patch
- NewJeans, Heartsteel to open 2023 LoL World Championship Finals
- Former justice minister hints at parliamentary bid as 'nonlegal' route for redemption