S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
简介South Korea's oceans ministry said Tuesday it has issued a navigation warning for ships, respon ...
South Korea's oceans ministry said Tuesday it has issued a navigation warning for ships, responding to North Korea's upcoming space rocket launch set to take place in less than two weeks.
The notification, issued at 2:30 a.m., came after the reclusive regime informed Japan that the planned launch is expected to take place between Wednesday and Dec. 1.
The North has been gearing up for its third attempt to launch a spy satellite into orbit.
North Korea mentioned three maritime zones that could be affected by the planned launch, two off the Yellow Sea and the third in the east of the Philippines.
Navigational warnings are directly disseminated to ships via the World-Wide Navigational Warning System, a global radio and satellite broadcast system, in accordance with a resolution of the International Maritime Organization. (Yonhap)
The Ministry of Health and Welfare rejected a request to devise guidelines of hospitalization for tr ...
ISLAMABAD — Death toll from strong earthquakes that shook western Afghanistan rises to 2,000, said a ...
South Korea's ambassador to the United States on Tuesday called the apparent strengthening of c ...
- China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
- [Herald Interview] S&P economist tells Korea to brace for worst
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- Is S. Korea dangerous for women?
- Samsung Biologics sees highest
- Unification ministry urges NK to immediately send detained S. Koreans back home
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- Exports of passenger cars up 16 pct in Q3 on eco
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- Korea Investment & Securities joins hands with Carlyle
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- Mirae Asset ETF to make Chinese debut
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- CJ’s Korean
- Response to Yasukuni visits underway: official
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- [Herald Interview] Netflix's ‘Devil’s Plan’ expands realm of survival game shows
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- BTS Jungkook's star
- New fad uncovers old school transcripts for dose of nostalgia
- S.Korea's largest
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Scholars shed light on late Samsung chief’s management initiatives
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- US toughens rules on exports of advanced computing chips to China
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- Import prices rise for 3rd month on higher oil costs
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed